Interested in Joining our Board
If you are interested in joining the board please contact Amber Earles, President firstname.lastname@example.org
Role Description – Ordinary Members
Ordinary members of the Committee of Governance are responsible for overseeing the affairs of the incorporated association, ensuring its legal obligations are met and that the organisation is soundly managed for the benefit of all. Committee members carry out their duties in a lawful manner and ensure that the business of the organisation is carried out in accordance with the law and under the terms of the organisation’s Rules of Incorporation and Policies. Committee members support the vision, purposes and values of the organisation, work within the Code of Conduct and ensure the governance and management of the organisation reflect them.
- develop, endorse and monitor strategic and annual plans of the organisation
- develop, review and endorse the organisation’s policies and procedures
- meet regularly to monitor the performance of the organisation as a whole. Committee members shall ensure that appropriate monitoring and reporting systems are in place, and that these are maintained and utilized to provide accurate and timely information
- be diligent, attend Committee meetings and devote sufficient time to preparation for these meetings, allowing for full and appropriate participation in the Committee’s decision-making
- consider the best interests of the organisation when making decisions or voting on an issue
- be loyal to the Committee, abiding by committee decisions once reached
- ensure fair and full participation of all Committee members and ensure that the independent views of all Committee members are given due consideration and weight
- ensure that the organisation’s assets are protected by a suitable risk management strategy
- ensure that the organisation does not trade while insolvent
- act within the terms of the Association’s Conflict of Interest Policy and Procedures if a conflict of interest arises
- ensure that there is an appropriate separation of duties and responsibilities between the Committee and staff, and that no one has unfettered powers of decision-making
- ensure that members are provided with an accurate and balanced view of the organisation’s performance including both financial and member services
- be responsive and accountable to members’ needs, concerns and expectations.
- review their own individual performance on Committee ensuring a suitable contribution to committee deliberations and decision making (if found lacking, the member should pursue training or assistance to improve their performance, or consider resigning)
- review the Committee’s performance as a whole for its development and continuous improvement
In the main, the Committee of Governance delegates the operational tasks of the organisation to staff; however, it remains the Committee’s responsibility to ensure that all resolutions from Committee meetings are implemented and actions completed.
Election and Term
All Committee of Governance members are directly elected by the members at the Annual General Meeting each year and hold a five-year term.
Rye has a population of around 13,500 (ABS 2021) which increases over holiday periods with campers and people in short term holiday accommodation, as well as those enjoying their holiday houses. We recognise that our community is socially and economically diverse and we welcome all.
Part of being connected to our local community is working with local community organisations and businesses. This list is to support you finding what you need, if you see something missing here please let us know.
Rye Foreshore Market
First Saturday of the month, the market has local fresh food producers, plants, arts and crafts as well as other stalls. It is one of four markets around the Peninsula that operate on Saturday mornings.
If you are interested in being involved in maintaining the foreshore environment, contact Friends of Rye Foreshore by email 3941RCGA@gmail.com
Family Violence/Sexual Assault
If you are in immediate danger call the police on 000
Healthcare and Fitness
For information about Community Health Services and Rosebud Hospital
Mornington Peninsula Shire
To know what support is available go to
Things to do and Events on the Peninsula
The Mornington Peninsula offers a diverse range of walks from short, easy walks to longer and more difficult ones. Whatever your level of fitness or thirst for adventure you can find a walk that will suit you, including those that you can do with your four legged companion.